Watch the trailer
Challenging runs. Vikings: an Archer's Journey is a fun but difficult game. Master the bow and arrow in order to save your wolf companion who has been dragged into the Underworld. Complete objectives to unlock fallen heroes who can help, shoot down your demonic enemies, and face off against tough boss battles in order to get your precious wolf back. Are you up to the task?
Unlock fallen heroes. Once you meet enough objectives, you can use those to unlock fallen heroes to come to your aid in battle. Since there's no other way to unlock them, this should be plenty of motivation for you to complete them — it makes your job easier.
Hard to master. Vikings: an Archer's Journey may look like another infinite runner, but it's much more challenging. That's because it combines the game mechanics of a precise, bow-and-arrow shooter that is your key to survival. How far can you get and how many enemies must you shoot down before recovering your loyal wolf companion who has been taken to the Underworld?
What is it about?
Vikings: an Archer’s Journey ($2.99) by Pinpin Team is an endless runner that brings archery into the mix. If you enjoyed other minimalistic infinite runner games like Alto’s Adventure (http://appadvice.com/review/altos-adventure) and the like, but want to feel like an awesome archer at the same time, then Vikings: an Archer’s Journey is the game for you. It’s pretty much what Temple Run: Brave (http://getapp.cc/app/524509185) should have been.
Why we love it
The graphics are gorgeous, the music is amazing and soothing, the controls are intuitive and easy to learn (but difficult to master), and the mashup of infinite runner with sniping mechanics make this a keeper.
Vikings is FREE but there are more add-ons
App Store Description
Nott, a Valkyrie with a tenacious character, has incurred the wrath of the Viking gods who, as punishment, have sent her loyal wolf Oder into the Underworld.
At a loss without her loyal companion, Nott goes in search of him within the cold and misty dwelling of the deceased known as "Helheim".
Fortunately, Nott is a formidable archer, so she'll be able to collect special arrows along the way to help her overcome the evil monsters drawn straight from Nordic legends.
Along her journey, Nott will also have to gain the support of several Viking heroes fallen in battle. They will help her complete her Odyssey, and in return, once reunited with Oder, Nott and her faithful companion will get them out of hell.
With its minimalist graphic style, this mix between a "shoot 'em up" and "infinite runner" game will delight a whole range of players: the game is easy to learn but difficult to master!
• Gameplay based on precision (arrow firing) and quick reflexes (infinite runner feature).
• Random level generation: a new game experience each time.
• Simple controls: easy to learn, but difficult to master
• Collect the different firing power-ups (Bullet Time, Multi-Arrows, Explosive Arrows and Target Help)
• Hit all your targets to get a series of combos and switch to Fury Mode!
• Meet the other five Vikings, each one with their own unique characteristics.
• When the dark rises, make a Group Kill and earn a top bonus
• Challenge your friends in the Game Center. Try to get the best score and unlock Trophies
• Universal app with iCloud support. Play on your iPhone and iPad and your progress will be automatically synchronized
• Original soundtrack for an immersive and unique sound experience
Vikings: An Archer's Journey is a Premium ad-free game without in-app purchases
Like Vikings on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/vikingsarcher