Watch the trailer
Sticky situations. Wheels of Aurelia is all about making decisions. You'll meet a variety of characters, and some may lead you into sticky situations. There are 16 endings to get, so try experimenting!
Multiple endings. Wheels of Aurelia has 16 endings to get, and the one you end up with depends on the choices you made in the story. When you start a new run, you can select your starting point and even go with a new set of wheels.
Colorful characters. There are many characters you'll meet in Wheels of Aurelia. Some are good and others are a bit more sketchy than you'd think. Find them all and learn about them. Remember, it's about the journey, not the destination.
What is it about?
Visually, Wheels of Aurelia has a kind of modern retro aesthetic to it, similar to [Horizon Chase](https://appadvice.com/review/horizon-chase). This means a low-poly world that's both cute and charming, appealing to those who miss the vintage style. Everything is rendered in 3D, and Italy looks as bright and vibrant as ever during the 1970's. The character portraits are drawn in 2D fashion and look incredibly realistic. Each character you end up interacting with has their own unique personality and dialogue. Animations are smooth and fluid, and the dialogue text is easy to read. The game also has a quirky soundtrack that's fun to listen to, and the sound effects are a nice touch.
App Store Description
Embark on an immersive road trip through the gritty western coast of Italy during the roaring 1970’s. Playing as Lella, a bold, spunky woman, experience the sights and sounds of a tumultuous time in Italy’s history while uncovering events from Lella’s storied past. Take the road less traveled, while meeting an unpredictable cast of characters along your journey and making detours along the way.
An interactive visual novel based on short moments in time during Lella’s travels, each playthrough ends with one of sixteen different endings based on your choices. Travel across the famous “Via Aurelia” and discover a new side of Italy in a thought-provoking game about the road trip, not the destination.
- Uncover Lella’s fierce personality and mysterious past while choosing each line of her dialogue in the game
- A compact game experience with sixteen different endings, each with its own epilogue
- Simple and highly intuitive one-handed controls.
- All original Italian soundtrack provides emotional ambience to accompany the game’s narrative
- Original art by renowned illustrators, handcrafted to bring Italy to life in new and unexpected ways
- Rooted in researched and culturally accurate events during the 1970’s including kidnappings and extreme political turmoil
- Wheelspedia: in-game easy access wiki that explains cultural and political references for those seeking additional information
- Independent Games Festival Honorable Mention, IndieCade Nominee, Fantastic Arcade Game Spotlight
- From the creators of FOTONICA, official selection for best of App Store 2014
** Wheels of Aurelia is designed for iPhone 5 and above. It is NOT compatible with iPod Touch 4th Generation, iPad 2, iPhone4s.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and your information will be removed.