Faster and easier searching. It includes table of contents browser that knows where you are in the page
Bookmarks. You can use bookmark, including bookmarking individual sections of pages
Dual language searching. App includes dual language searching and language switching.
What is it about?
Wikipanion is a streamlined, pared-down version of the internet's official encyclopedia that's great for accessing articles on the go. It doesn't have the full features of the official app, but if you're just looking to grab some knowledge quickly, it will serve your needs. Wikipanion does have its own tricks, including iCloud syncing, smart searching, and some clever bookmarks that let you keep your place even on individual pages.
Why we love it
It's a basic app compared to the rest, but it does the job for free and doesn't have ads.
App Store Description
Accessing Wikipedia has never been faster and easier than with Wikipanion, designed for easy, search, navigation and display of Wikipedia entries. Streamline your browsing with history grouped by visit date, and bookmarking that not only bookmarks individual entries, but individual sections within an entry. Featuring intelligent features such as:
- Table of contents browser that knows where you are in the page
- Multiple search methods including Smart completion with entry preview, Google searching and a full text Wikipedia search
- Dual language searching and language switching (hiding languages you don't care about)
- Bookmark, including bookmarking individual sections of pages
- History, grouped by last visit date
- Full in-page searching
- Wiktionary dictionary term looking without leaving the current page
- Table based category browsing
- iCloud syncing
- Image saving to the Photo library
- Ogg vorbis audio playback for dictionary pronunciations and other audio content available on Wikipedia
- Contextual knowledge for sending links to specific sections in a Wikipedia entry
- Easily turn on automatic focusing of the search field on launch
Tip: To scroll to the top of a Wikipedia entry, hit the title bar at the top of the iPhone's screen (this works in Safari too).
Second tip: Click into the search bar to cancel a page load request.
See the Wikipanion web site for more details about all of the available features.
Wikipanion is advertisement free.