Watch the trailer
Rack up points. Watch the direction the wind will blow in the upper part of the screen. The wind will blow the top gem into an adjacent space if it is empty. Make matches of three or more to clear out gems and rack up points.
Create rainbow gems. If you can get a match of five, then you create a rainbow gem. This is special because it can match with any color, so use it to your advantage if you have one!
Unlock power-ups. If you are good enough at the game, you will unlock the power-up items that you can use to your advantage. Change wind direction, flip gem stacks, break gems, and create rainbow gems. You need to reach a certain point threshold though, so understand the wind!
What is it about?
Visually, Windin has some gorgeous minimalist graphics for a casual puzzle. While it looks like it’s 2-D at first, because of the depth that the two layers of game pieces provides, it’s more 3-D than what you may originally think. Plus, the shadowing on each piece makes everything pop out more, and the angled perspective for everything (including the backdrop) makes it easy to see it all in a single glance. The color palette in Windin features a nice mix of soft pastels and bolder hues, and it’s easy to tell everything apart from each other. The gem tiles are shiny and appealing to the eyes, kind of like mesmerizing pieces of (eye) candy. The game has an upbeat and quirky soundtrack in the background that is rather soothing, and helps you focus on making precise moves. The sound effects are fairly realistic as well, which is a nice touch. Overall, as the developer’s first release so far, they’ve done an excellent job with Windin’s cutesy visual style and sound design.
Windin is FREE but there are more add-ons
Rainbow Bonanza Tokens
App Store Description
Welcome to Windin, a casual puzzle game that will tickle your brain with its brand new wind mechanic. Plan your move, place your gems on the board, let the wind blow and reap the rewards of your clever play!
● Introducing the brand new Wind feature: The ever-changing wind can be your ally or your adversary. You’ll need to think a few steps ahead to get the most out of a situation.
● Pick it up quickly: Windin is easy to learn, yet hard to master.
● Tickle your brain: Will you go for easy wins or will you set the board up for big points? Whichever path you take, Windin is sure to stimulate your brain with each step.
● Designed for short breaks: We will save your game when you leave. Resume playing from where you left off whenever you feel like it.
● Prove your skills as a Windin master: Compete against friends and other players from around the world!