Word Flow is a Microsoft Garage project, a keyboard that supports swiping, animated GIFs, and custom themes. It predicts what you're trying to type and corrects mistakes. It even guesses things from the web that might help, like GIFs, restaurants, and more. You can customize the background using an included image, or use your own. If you switch to Arc mode on a larger screen, the real beauty lights up -- the keyboard becomes much easier to use one-handed.
What is it about?
Word Flow provides a ton of functionality in a small package. It's a blazing fast keyboard with support for swipe typing, searching the web and finding GIFs, and even an Arc mode for comfortable one-handed typing. It integrates with your Contacts, helping speed up your messaging and emailing. You can look up restaurants, GIFs, news, videos, and much more, straight from the keyboard. When you find something you want to share, just tap it and it goes to your contact as well as your history for later retrieval.
For those who...
- People who want a more functional keyboard
- Folks who prefer swiping over typing
- Power users who send animated GIFs, emoji, and more from their keyboard
Not for those who...
- Prefer the built-in iOS keyboard
- Want the same keyboard with the same features on both iPhone and iPad
- Don't like swipe typing
Why we love it
Word Flow is one of those keyboards that does a lot without overwhelming you with options. It's gorgeous, easy to use, and highly customizable. The search feature works wonderfully, and swipe typing is easy and intuitive.
App Store Description
Word Flow for iPhone, a Microsoft Garage project, is a blazing fast keyboard that comes with search (GIFs, restaurants, and more), free customizable themes, swipe, and Arc mode for comfortable one-handed typing.
• Whether you’re tapping or swiping, Word Flow predicts what you’re trying to type and corrects mistakes. It even predicts things from the web, like GIFs, restaurants, and more.
• Word Flow intelligently suggests the next word in your sentence, and gets better at it over time, as it learns based on your typing patterns.
• With access to your Contacts, Word Flow predicts the names of your contacts so you can go even faster.
Personalized – just how you like it
• You can customize Word Flow background using one of the images included in the app, or use your own favorite image.
• All the images included with the app are free.
Best for one-handed typing: Switch to Arc mode and easily reach keys on larger screens for a more comfortable one-handed typing experience.
Search built into the keyboard:
• Easily find and share GIFs, images, and emojis to better express yourself
• Find Contacts – when you need to share that person’s phone number
• Look up restaurants, news, videos, facts, weather forecasts, and much more
When you find something you want to send, just tap it, and that result will automatically stay in your history to make it even easier to find it again. If a result becomes outdated or irrelevant, you can always remove or refresh it.
Word Flow on iOS is optimized for iPhone, and supports English language only. Not all features are available on iPad.
The Microsoft Garage is an outlet for experimental projects for you to try. Learn more at http://garage.microsoft.com.