Are you disappointed with the number of apps and themes available in Cydia? This may be because you are only seeing a small list of what is really out there. Developers host their apps in what is referred to as a source or repository. Cydia comes with a few sources installed. There are many more out there, each with it's own list of new apps waiting for you to add them. Each source will open up a variety of new apps, themes, and language packs available to you. I am going to walk you through adding a source in Cydia
NOTE: This only works on jailbroken phones, see our 3G Jailkbreak Tutorials for Mac Users
& Windows Users
1. Click the Cydia icon on your Springboard.
2. Once Cydia has updated, click on Sections on the bottom of the screen.
3. Scroll down the list and click on Repositories.
4. This will return a list of all uninstalled optional sources. Under each source listed, there is a small description of what each source focuses on. We will choose MacCiti.
5. An info page showing more about the source will come up. Click install in the upper right corner.
6. A confirmation page will then appear. Click Confirm and the install will begin. This should only take a minute and will show a button that will take you back to Cydia when you are done.
I jailbroke my iPhone in order to add new and exciting apps to my mobile experience. Why not make the list of applications available that much larger? There are dozens of other sources, each with their own list of unique apps. The source I added above will give you a variety of new themes for your winterboard
but there are many other sources out there that will help you explore your jailbroken existence.
NOTE: Sources can also be installed from the 'More Package Sources' link on the Cydia 'Home' page. When adding repositories this way, you simply get a list of all sources without any description. Another thing to watch out for is that this list shows all sources, including the ones already installed.