We tend to get quite a lot of frustrated comments whenever we mention Apps unavailable outside the US or during US-Only giveaways. While I understand your despair (I live outside the US myself), there is a very straightforward solution to the problem; open an US iTunes account.
Many people ignore it, but you can actually officially open an iTunes account in pretty much any store you want without the need for a credit card. Alright, you'll be stuck with free apps only (unless you buy some gift cards on Ebay) but it's a start.
Here is the procedure:
- 1. Launch iTunes
- 2. Log out of your account
- 3. Scroll down the iTunes page and hit the flag on the right
- 4. Select your country of interest
- 5. Try to buy a random free app
- 6. iTunes will ask you for your credentials, hit open a new account
- 7. Accept the terms
- 8. Enter a valid email, pick a password and so on. Hit next
- 9. Select "none" as the payment method. Then fill in the form with some random address in the country you picked (Google maps is your friend)
- For the US for example, you might want to use Jobs' home address: 432 Santa Rita Ave Palo Alto, CA 94301. Phone number: 818-3039483
- 10. Finalize & click the validation link in your email