DIRECTV Finally Offers Its Customers An iPad App
February 28, 2011
While its competitors long ago joined the party, DIRECTV had never released an iPad-centered app for its customers to enjoy. Until now. The DIRECTV App for iPad is now available in the App Store. It gives users the ability to control their DIRECTV receivers and set recordings from the app. In addition, users can browse movies, shows, and sports, without interrupting the show currently being watched on TV.
Remote scheduling requires DIRECTV PLUS DVR (models R15, R16, R22), DIRECTV PLUS HD DVR (models HR20, HR21, HR22, HR23, HR24) or TiVo® Series 2 receivers with 6.4a software. Receivers do not require a phone or broadband connection to schedule a recording. However, recording does require a Wi-Fi, Edge, or 3G network connection to schedule. This is great news for DIRECTV customers, who have watched as their friends with DISH and Xfinity able to use similar apps for their services for a while now. The free DIRECTV App for iPad is available in the App Store.
- Currently Watching – More information about the show you are watching now and suggestions for similar shows.
- Guide Favorites – List of favorite channels selected through the Guide.
- Channel Guide – Displays up to 14 days of upcoming shows for a selected channel.
- Favorite Channels – Create user preferred lists of channels (by category, his or her list, etc.)
- QuickTune – One-touch selection of your favorite channels by name or icon.
- News Channels – All the news channels in one module.
- Kids & Family – All the kids & family friendly channels in one module. -
- Sports – Browse available sports events and scores by game or favorite teams.
DISH Remote Access for iPad
DISH Network LLC
DIRECTV App for iPad