May 12, 2011
Apple just updated its little black box to iOS 4.3, though the device itself reports a build version of 4.2.2. While we're not really sure what accounts for the disparity (evidently something to do with the code's shared roots), we are certain that this isn't a very significant update. Changes include:
- Audio -- Addresses an issue in which audio is not output when playing some video content.
- Video playback -- Addresses an issue in which video is not displayed when playing some content.
- Audio output setting -- Adds an audio output setting for switching to 16-bit audio for compatibility with some TVs and AV receivers.
- Live FF/RW improvements -- Improves the performance of fast-forwarding and rewinding live events.
- Movie Description -- Addresses an issue in which the description information is not displayed for some movies.
- Youtube video order -- Addresses an issue in which YouTube subscription videos were not ordered by date.