by Mike Lata
July 5, 2011
An intriguing and visually stunning game has slipped under our radar, it's called Robotek HD. The game received an update a bit over a week ago and is definitely worth checking out if you are a fan of big robots, as well as combat involving them. Robotek HD offers unique gameplay combining several genres. It can most simply be described as a tactical game with RPG elements. You must take control of giant robots and fight against competing robots while using impressive weapons, hacking, and various special abilities. You can also upgrade your robot as you progress in the game. The game is very much strategy based with calculated tactics and moves making the difference in battles. The difference between victory and defeat depends on choosing the right action at the right moment. Robotek HD's visual style is quite impressive with neon-light graphics and very cool designs for the machines. The game also offers lots of cool looking weapons, like lasers, with various special effects thrown in. The story revolves around humanity falling and robots taking over the world, according to the app description: "Empire of Machine is the new world order. It's time to take it back! One node at a time." Here is a list of the game's features (from the app description):
Robotek HD (universal) is available on the App Store for free with a couple of in-app purchases available to extend gameplay.
- Unique blend of strategy, action and RPG.
- More than 200 levels spread all around the world.
- Rewarding skill system with more than 30 levels.
- 9 upgradable slot symbols to fit your own style of play.
- 4 special abilities including the devastating Nuke.
- Play thrilling hotseat duels with your friends!
- Online hall of fame - Your scores can only grow.
- Facebook leaderboards - compete with your friends!
- Signature soundtrack by kubatko (www.kubatko.info)