July 26, 2011
Ustream has arrived for the iPad. Originally available only on the iPhone/iPod touch, the free app is now universal. It makes it easy to watch and stream content, and interact with audiences all over the world. Created by the folks at Ustream.tv website, the app allows you to watch live and recorded content 24/7. Plus, iPad 2 buyers can stream their own content directly from the iDevice; both live and recorded. Videos are organized by categories and include News, Sports, and Gaming, just to name a few. Best of all, the app fully supports AirPlay, so that you can stream whatever you’re watching on Ustream to your television. New users are encouraged to login via Facebook or Twitter. Streaming your own content, however, requires a free Ustream account.
The free Ustream app is available now in the App Store.
- Broadcast and interact with your audience through chat and poll
- Discover the hottest Ustream content showcased in a Featured carousel
- Follow your favorite shows by joining Ustream Crowds and getting alerts for events
- Share with your friends on Twitter and Facebook when you broadcast and discover content
- Customize the menu with your most used features