October 20, 2011
Best Buy Co., Inc. today announced the arrival of the Best Buy App Discovery Center, a mobile app service designed to make it easier for iDevice owners to locate apps they need. Powered by Appolicious, the service is available now online and will be coming soon to the App Store as a native app. Using what Best Buy calls “proprietary technology,” the service offers “hot” apps, search results and a complete app directory along with app recommendations from Best Buy Blue Shirts. According to Wendy Fritz, senior vice president of Computing, Tablets and E-Readers at Best Buy:
"People have always relied on Best Buy to help them find the right technology solutions. Our App Discovery Center helps extend that level of customer support to the mobile experience well after customers may have purchased their gear. It's a natural addition to our growing portfolio of services that make it easier for people to connect with the things and people they love."Features include:
For more information about the Best Buy App Discovery Center visit www.bestbuy.com/apps.
- App Directory: Organized into more than 1,200 popular categories, like "Preschool Early Reading" and "Travel Destinations," where consumers can find apps in their specific areas of interest.
- App Search: An exclusive algorithmic app search based on social, user-generated and editorial signals that provides consumers with the best search results.
- Hot Apps: List of "hottest" apps in Android Market and iTunes App Store updated regularly.
- Best Buy Blue Shirts' App Picks: Customers can view the aggregated app recommendations of ultimately thousands of Best Buy Blue Shirts, and even drill down by specific store and store associate.
- Price Cuts: A constantly updated list of recent significant price reductions in Android Market and iTunes App Store.