by Tommy Ly
December 26, 2011
Since its launch at the beginning of the month, Infinity Blade II has been very successful. This gorgeous game has had a comfortable seat on the App Store's Top Grossing list for these past few weeks, and for good reason. The first Infinity Blade was a hit with its beautiful graphics, innovative gameplay, and endless replay value. ChAIR has kept the goods and added a whole lot more in Infinity Blade II. As outlined in the app's release notes, some of Infinity Blade II's successes include:
**2011 IGN Mobile Game of the Year!** **Entertainment Weekly's Top 10 Video Games of 2011** **15 Perfect Scores and 10 Game of the Year Nominations**Whether you're new to the game, or a blocking, dodging, and parrying pro, Infinity Blade II's developers have published some tips that will keep you alive:
There is no one that can provide better tips than the developers themselves. With these tips, you'll be a sword fighting pro in no time. If you need a new game to show off that shiny new iPhone, iPad, or iPad touch that Santa brought you, be sure to check out Infinity Blade II ($6.99 in the App Store).
- Parry an enemy weapon by either swiping in the same direction as the enemy weapon strike or by swiping in the opposite direction.
- Pay attention to gem modifiers and equip them to get more gems or more gold.
- Save super moves and magic for the battles when you are really going to need them.
- Equip a Gold+ gem to earn more money quickly.
- Use a Health Regen potion before a difficult Titan to constantly heal throughout the battle.
- Keep an eye out for hidden keys. They are small and difficult to see, but they can open great treasures.
- When playing the Heavy class, doing a successful parry will also give you a block charge back.
- A successful parry will open up a Titan to more combo hits than a dodge or block.
- Perfect blocks prevent elemental damage from a Titan attack even if you don’t have the right elemental defense; it also reduces the block damage.
- Perfect parries increase the hit window on a Titan.
- To maximize damage with Heavy weapons make sure you plan to do the combo hit at the natural end of the hit window, as the slash attack always ends the hit window.
- To pull off an ultra combo with dual weapons you need to do left/right/up (or some rotated version) attacks when you are in the combo hit mode.
- Titans will tend to have the same elemental attack as each other during a Rebirth, equipping the right gems/equipment to defend against them is worth it.
- Titans are weak to the opposite elemental of their attack. If a Titan has a fire attack he will take double damage from ice elemental and ice magic.
- Using dual weapons allows you to do multiple combos, one after the other.
- Learn which moves cannot be blocked or parried, then dodge these moves.