December 22, 2011
The adorable app My Story — Story creator for kids lets you write, illustrate, and narrate your own book. A new update now allows you to email your stories as ePUB-formatted books that can be viewed flawlessly on iPads, iPhones, and iPod Touches, as well as on many eReaders and free desktop apps. We reviewed My Story a couple of months ago; you can read our review here. The idea of the app is to allow children (or adults!) to express their creativity and write an actual e-book complete with pictures and recorded audio. The newest update means you’re no longer limited to enjoying the story in the app and on the iPad where the story was written. You can now open it in iBooks, and send it anywhere via email. Now your child can write, illustrate, and narrate a book — then send it to Grandma across the globe, where she can read it on her computer, her e-reader, her iDevice, whatever! Some tips from the developer: How to Share Via Email To use the new sharing features, just follow these simple steps:
- From the My Books view tap the new Share icon.
- Tap “Email Book” to open a new email
- Type the address you’d like to send your book to and tap Send.
- From the My Books view tap the new share icon.
- Tap “Open In” and then “iBooks”.
- Your story will be automatically added to your iBooks library and ready for viewing.
My Story - Book Maker for Kids
HiDef Web Solutions