January 20, 2012
Intuit's TurboTax software suite, already the world's most popular computer-based tax-filing solution, has made its way to iOS as the 2012 IRS e-filing season gets underway. To help streamline your experience in the most comprehensive and convenient manner possible, Intuit's released/updated five different apps to address nearly everyone's individual situations.
- Snap Tax: The original tax-filing app is back, and it's just as easy, accurate, and secure as ever. Just snap a photo of your W-2, and everything's pretty much automated from there on out. It only takes a few minutes, and the app is free.
- TurboTax 2011 for iPad: Updated and improved, this year's version includes the ability to import important information from previously-filed returns and over 400,000 employers, banks, and other institutions. Free, one-on-one "tax expert" help is also provided.
- Tax Caster: This app, a free and easy-to-use tax refund calculator is a must for folks planning refund-financed purchases and vacations.
- MyTaxRefund: This simple utility uses IRS projections to predict when you can expect your filing to be processed and your refund mailed out.
- TurboTax Card Mobile: If you're a TurboTax user and have elected to receive your refund on a TurboTax Prepaid Visa card, you can use this free app to track the status of that refund, activate the card, check your balance and transactions, and find ATMs in your area, and more.