by Tommy Ly
March 28, 2012
Earlier this month, we told you about a major update coming to Jetpack Joyride. Version 1.3 of Halfbrick Studios' endless side-scroller will bring more gadgets to Barry's arsenal. Here are some of the new gadgets we already know about:
Fresh from Legitimate Research laboratory, here's a sneak peek at their newest gadget: the gravity belt: If you can't see the video above, click here. The gravity belt, along with other new gadgets, will be included in Jetpack Joyride's V1.3 update, which is expected to be available on April 12. Until then, if you haven't already, check out Jetpack Joyride (for FREE!) in the App Store. Has this game had a permanent spot on your iDevice?
- Air Barrys – Leap gracefully over obstacles with these designer sneakers.
- Ezy-Dodge Missiles – If you’re going to play a game of chicken with a missile, make sure it’s an Ezy-Dodge!
- Free Ride – Stop off at the motor pool before smashing through the laboratory wall. Why didn’t Barry think of this earlier?
- Freeze-O-Matic – There’s no better way to cool down after a hard run than being snap-frozen in a solid block of ice. It also helps you slide a few extra meters.
- Gemology – A special Blingification technique that converts coins into high-value Gems. For some reason it only works on coins minted in 1985.
- Nerd Repellent – The patent-pending formula is so potent that the whole laboratory had to be abandoned.