by Tommy Ly
May 10, 2012
LostWinds 2: Winter of the Melodias, the sequel to last year's iOS port of the WiiWare title, LostWinds, is finally here. You'll be playing as a young boy named Toku, who has some awesome wind powers thanks to a wind spirit named Enril. Using season-switching gameplay mechanics, you'll travel to the beautiful Summerfalls Village, the frozen mountains of Chilling Peaks, and the magnificent Melodia City, all while searching for Toku's missing mother. As stated in the app's release notes, here are some of the key features of LostWinds2: Winder of the Melodias:
You'll be using the same intuitive gameplay from the original LostWinds, but the new season-switching aspect will surely provide a fresh experience. LostWinds2: Winter of the Melodias is available in the App Store as a universal app for $3.99.
- Harness the brilliance of nature: Sonte, Spirit of Seasons' astonishing powers let you instantly transform Mistralis between Summer and Winter at will to aid your progress
- Frozen Winter ponds and waterfalls become teeming Summer pools in which Toku can dive and unlock secrets
- Form snowballs from the air or manipulate moisture-laden clouds to help with your quest
- Master Enril’s rediscovered incredible cyclone power, using it to transport Toku, smash powerful enemies and even drill through the rock around you
- Expansive new regions of Mistralis provide spectacular arenas for Toku’s jumps and glides
- New enemies and familiar foes to buffet, smash, freeze, burn and douse
- - New characters to befriend and puzzles to solve on your adventure to reveal the secret of the Melodias’ disappearance..
- Includes Game Center integration and Achievements
- The ‘Snapshot’ feature lets you add game characters to your own photos and share with friends