by Tommy Ly
June 5, 2012
Summer is right around the corner, and what better way to document your summer shenanigans than with your iPhone? If you aren't careful, all your fun can be ruined if some prankster decides to push you into a pool and you still have your iPhone in your pocket. Fortunately, the LifeProof iPhone Case will protect your iPhone from water, dust, drops, and anything else life throws at you. The LifeProof iPhone Case is two pieces that, when snapped together, create a water, air, and life proof seal around your iPhone. This includes covering the headphone jack, charging port, and speakers. The LifeProof iPhone Case promises some big features, including:
ProtectionWe had an opportunity to spend some time to test the LifeProof case. After a few weeks of use, let's see how well it held up.
- Protects against every-day hazards—full IP-68 rating against water and dust, and designed to Military Specifications
- High degree of shock and impact protection—tested to Military Specifications MIL-STD-810F-516.5 (2 meters/6.6ft drop on all surfaces and edges. 26 tests)
- Fully sealed protection against minute dust particles
- Double AR-coated optical glass lenses provide unprecedented crystal-clear photo and video quality
- All phone features are operational while maintaining a high level of protection
- Improves the bass and mid-frequency speaker response by utilizing the back of the case as a sub-woofer for a richer, fuller sound.