August 29, 2012
One of the most popular weather apps for iPad has received a sunny update. The free Intellicast HD 3.0 app has a brand new look and features. Originally released in December 2010, the app combines radar and satellite layers to offer customers a thorough overview of current and future weather forecasts. It also remains a terrific tool for those that need to track hurricanes such as Isaac, which is currently hitting the Gulf Coast. Intellicast HD now includes a map layer time “scrubber” that allows users to display weather for a specific time. Additionally, there is now a new local page that replaced the original forecast page. Other version 3.0 features include:
Intellicast HD is available for download in the App Store.
- An expanded QuickPick menu allowing 6 selections (up from 4)
- Map Legends can now be hidden
- Map Settings including new Range Rings and Map Type options.
- Spark trend lines for current condition data
- Lower impact Ad panels on the Local and Blog page
- Removed the Ad's from SkyTime
- New, easier to use, location menu.
- Combined North American Satellite and Radar layer
- Improved accuracy and update frequency for current conditions
- General Bug fixes