August 8, 2012
There is now more to love about one of the most popular study aid apps for iOS. STUDYBLUE Flashcards has gone universal and is available for the iPad for the first time. First released for iPhone in 2009 as a student project at the University of Wisconsin at Madison, the free STUDYBLUE Flashcards app helps users create online flashcards for fast feedback on what they know, which can then be further refined using study filters. Features in STUDYBLUE Flashcards 6.0 include:
To get started, users must establish a free StudyBlue.com account either online or through the app. New users may also use their Facebook account as their credentials. From there, you can create, study, and track your study progress. Features such as advanced filters and the hiding of cards, however, requires a StudyBlue+ account, which is available online for either $10 per month, or $80 per year. STUDYBLUE Flashcards is available for download. Also, be sure to check out our recent report, Essential Apps And Accessories For Those Heading Back To School.
- MAKE FLASHCARDS. Use text, pictures, and audio to create flashcards right on your iPhone or iPad.
- STUDY STATS. Focus on toughest materials, go hard on “the wrongs”, and take pride in your progress.
- SEARCH. Find online flashcards and notes from millions of classmate-created materials.
- REMINDERS. Alerts put an end to forgetting about those 67 biology terms you have to study.
- STUDY SAVER. Had to bail on a study session? Pick it back up where you left off.
- MESSAGES. Contact classmates to ask questions or collaborate.