November 15, 2012
Vjay, the popular video-music mixing app for iPad, is now available on the iPhone/iPod touch. The $0.99 app by Algoriddim is now available in the App Store. The new app is compatible with the iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, and fifth-generation iPod touch. Originally released for iPad in June, vjay allows novices and pros alike to create, edit, and share video mash-ups with user-generated or professionally produced content. Whether to add a soundtrack to family videos or photo moments, or cranking out Top 40 video mixes, vjay does the trick. Vjay for iPhone includes a number of impressive tools that Algoriddim first brought to iOS through their impressive djay apps for the iPhone/iPod touch and iPad. These include auto-zooming waveforms, beat and tempo matching, and much more. Some notable features include:
According to Karim Morsy, CEO and co-founder of Algoriddim:
- Full integration with iTunes Store content for easier search, preview and in-app purchase
- Support for four-inch retina display and powerful processor on iPhone 5 and iPod touch
- Pre-bundled content, including custom clips from Far East Movement; a music video from Parov Stelar; dance video from Lil’Buck and Yak Films; content from pioneering visual artists Eclectic Method; action and sports footage; and animated VJ loops.
- Instant Facebook and YouTube sharing– With one simple touch, instantly share your one-of-a-kind vjay media mash-ups via Facebook and YouTube.
- Support for multi-route audio – This feature lets users display their main video mix to a television, computer monitor or any external monitor via HDMI while simultaneously previewing the sound through a built-in iPhone, iPod or iPad’s headphone jack.
Our goal at Algoriddim is to create a world where every single person can be an artist and bring their favorite memories to life by creating and sharing music and video mash-ups on the fly. For the first time, we’re giving everyday users the ability to capture and express themselves through video content using their smartphones.Take a look: Algoriddim has also upgraded the vjay for iPad app to mirror the feature set of the iPhone edition. Vjay for iPad is now optimized for iOS 6 and comes with several new features like multiple cue-points and a new full portrait mode to support the Numark iDJ Pro MIDI controller to give it a professional edge. For those interested in mashing together videos on the iPhone, be sure to checkout vjay. Also available are vjay for iPad, djay for iPhone, and djay for iPad.
vjay for iPhone