Does Your iPhone 5's Auto-Brightness Feature Have You Down?
December 7, 2012
One of the advantages of owning an iPhone is its ability to adjust the screen intensity depending on the current environment. Unfortunately, this auto-brightness feature has been known to be a little bit clunky at times, especially on the iPhone 5. If your auto-brightness isn’t working on your handset, here is how to fix it, courtesy of iMore.
Here is the video: Assuming that the brightness slider is now moving on its own, you have successfully re-calibrated the feature. We thank iMore for posting this information. Source: iMore
- Go into a dimly lit or dark room.
- Launch the Settings app from the Home screen of your iPhone/iPod touch or iPad
- Tap on Brightness & Wallpaper.
- Turn the auto-brightness setting to Off.
- Adjust the brightness slider to the level you would like your screen brightness to be at in the given environment. For instance, if you're in a completely dark room, you'll probably want to put the slider all the way to low or pretty close to all the way down.
- Turn the auto-brightness setting to On again.
- Now flip on a light switch.
- Watch the brightness slider move upwards to adjust to the new light entering the sensor.