December 7, 2012
One of the advantages of owning an iPhone is its ability to adjust the screen intensity depending on the current environment. Unfortunately, this auto-brightness feature has been known to be a little bit clunky at times, especially on the iPhone 5. If your auto-brightness isn’t working on your handset, here is how to fix it, courtesy of iMore.
Here is the video: Assuming that the brightness slider is now moving on its own, you have successfully re-calibrated the feature. We thank iMore for posting this information. Source: iMore
- Go into a dimly lit or dark room.
- Launch the Settings app from the Home screen of your iPhone/iPod touch or iPad
- Tap on Brightness & Wallpaper.
- Turn the auto-brightness setting to Off.
- Adjust the brightness slider to the level you would like your screen brightness to be at in the given environment. For instance, if you're in a completely dark room, you'll probably want to put the slider all the way to low or pretty close to all the way down.
- Turn the auto-brightness setting to On again.
- Now flip on a light switch.
- Watch the brightness slider move upwards to adjust to the new light entering the sensor.