January 25, 2013
A day after Apple announced record revenues, the company lost considerable ground on Wall Street. In fact, Apple’s stock fell 12.4 percent to $450.50 per share. This marked the stock’s most troublesome one-day slide since September 2008, according to Forbes. What did the decline look like? Take a look:
up 0.52 percent in early Friday trading. Source: Forbes
- 0.0005% — The S&P 500′s Thursday gain.
- 0.47% – What that gain would have been excluding Apple.
- $423.8 billion — Apple’s market capitalization at Thursday’s close.
- $234.4 billion – The decline in that market cap since the Sept. 19 high ($658.2 billion), about the size of Microsoft.
- $59.9 billion – The market cap loss for Apple, about the size of UnitedHealth Group ($57.4B), the newest Dow component.