by Lory Gil
April 10, 2013
Oceanhouse Media made waves in the App Store years ago for its high-quality children’s book apps and for bringing Dr. Seuss to the iPad. The digital literature company currently supports nearly 200 children’s books and other kid-friendly apps. Today Oceanhouse Media has announced the launch of a new collection of Dr. Seuss short stories that can be read within one convenient app. Dr. Seuss Short Story Collection includes the following titles:
From Yertle the Turtle...Dr. Seuss Short Story Collection is available for an introductory price of $7.99. Pick it up in the App Store today.
From I Can Lick 30 Tigers Today! and Other Stories...
- The Big Brag - A rabbit and a bear both boast that they are the "best of the beasts" only to be humbled by a mere worm who sees "the two biggest fools that have ever been seen!"
- Gertrude McFuzz - A young bird named Gertrude obsessed to be prettier learns a valuable lesson about accepting and believing in oneself.
From The Sneetches...
- I Can Lick 30 Tigers Today! - A boastful young cat learns the perils of bragging when he overconfidently declares he can lick 30 tigers.
- King Looie Katz - King Looie of Katzen-stein insists that his tail be carried around which leads to his kingdom revolting with "demo-catic" results.
- The Glunk that got Thunk - A small cat tells the story of his imaginative sister who "thunked a Glunk" and how he must team up with her to get rid of the disruptive creature.
What Was I Scared Of? - A timeless message about fear and tolerance as the story’s narrator repeatedly meets up with an empty pair of pale-green pants, both who are equally afraid of each other.
- Too Many Daves - Mrs. McCave names all of hers sons "Dave" which causes problems in her family and leads to an amusing list of names she wishes she had named them instead.
- The Zax - A north-going zak and a south-going zak stubbornly refuse to move out of each other ways and get literally get stuck in their tracks.
Dr. Seuss Short Story Collection