April 24, 2013
Apple’s Worldwide Developer’s Conference (WWDC) for 2013 has been announced. The five-day conference will be held from June 10-14 in San Francisco, California at the Moscone Center. This year's event is open to members of Apple's iOS Developer Program, iOS Developer Enterprise Program, or Mac Developer Program. Tickets go on sale on Thursday, April 25 beginning at 10 a.m. PDT. Says Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing:
We look forward to gathering at WWDC 2013 with the incredible community of iOS and OS X developers. Our developers have had the most prolific and profitable year ever, and we’re excited to show them the latest advances in software technologies and developer tools to help them create innovative new apps. We can’t wait to get new versions of iOS and OS X into their hands at WWDC.Activities at Apple’s WWDC 2013 include:
Please go to the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference 2013 website for updates, tickets, and more information. Developers who are unable to attend this year’s conference can access and watch all technical sessions from the Apple Developer website as soon as they are posted for free. AppAdvice will have much more information about WWDC 2013 as the event draws closer. Bookmark this page for up-to-date information, and stay tuned.
- More than 100 technical sessions presented by Apple engineers on a wide range of topics for developing, deploying and integrating the latest iOS and OS X technologies;
- More than 1,000 Apple engineers supporting over 100 hands-on labs and events to provide developers with code-level assistance, insight into optimal development techniques and guidance on how they can make the most of iOS and OS X technologies in their apps;
- The latest innovations, features and capabilities of iOS and OS X, and how to enhance an app's functionality, performance, quality and design;
- The opportunity to connect with thousands of fellow iOS and OS X developers from around the world—last year more than 60 countries were represented;
- Engaging and inspirational lunchtime sessions with leading minds and influencers from the worlds of technology, science and entertainment; and
- Apple Design Awards which recognize iPhone®, iPad® and Mac apps that demonstrate technical excellence, innovation and outstanding design.