May 24, 2013
One of the most popular exercise apps for iPhone has received a significant update. PumpUp - Workout Coach now includes a voice coaching feature, redesign, and more. First released in December, PumpUp offers customized workout plans based on a users’ fitness goals and available equipment. For continued motivation, the app offers animated exercises and personalized feedback. Prior to this release, these tools required a payment. They are now available for free as part of the PumpUp Basic package. If you’re the type of person that needs further motivation, there is the new PumpUp Pro add-on. As part of this membership, users receive the new voice coaching feature. As described on the PumpUp blog, voice coaching includes:
Voice coaching is the first of three new features set to arrive for PumpUp Pro members. Long-term exercise planning, and rep counting are coming through a future app update. The Pro package is available through an in-app purchase of $4.99 per month, or $29.99 per year. Users can also pay $49.99 for a lifetime membership. Want to try PumpUp Pro for free? Use the code “PRO30” within the app to receive a 30-day Pro membership. Other new features include:
- Know what to do and when to do it without looking at your phone! For example, in the picture above our voice coach would say something like “Dumbbell Squat — Grab 15-pound dumbbells. Do 12 reps.” It’s like having a personal trainer right by your side!
- Not only will you know what to do, but you’ll be motivated to do it. You’ll get motivating remarks when you need them, like a “5-4-3-2-1” countdown or “Keep pushing it!” on those tough exercises
- If you like listening to music while pumping up, then you’ll love this — your music gets dimmed out whenever our voice coach has something to tell you.
- Since you’re told what to do, you don’t even need to tap for the next exercise — it’s automatically started when the current exercise finishes! It’s that easy.
PumpUp - Workout Coach is available in the App Store.
- Exercises are saved for lower data usage
- Progress bar added to workout builder
- Softer, flatter, and refined design
- Redesigned login screen
- Speed improvements
- Bugfixes for the iPhone 4S