September 17, 2013
Celver & Son has announced the release of WiFi2HiFi 2.0 for the iPhone/iPod touch and iPad. The universal app enables mobile devices to play audio from a Mac that is on the same network. Available for $0.99, WiFi2HiFi 2.0 uses “smart streaming technology” to replace audio cables. As a result, the iOS device becomes an external speaker. Better still, you can use the app on multiple devices at the same time. This means having speakers in multiple rooms. To use WiFi2HiFi, you must download and install the free Station application for Mac. From there, you simply need to start the iOS app on your device, which automatically finds the Mac on the network. With Apple's AirPlay, you can stream music from the Mac to the Apple TV. However, this isn't possible on iOS devices. According to Clever & Son’s Tobias Gemperli:Take a look: WiFi2HiFi 2.0 is available now in the App Store.
We grew tired of constantly synchronizing music libraries on our Macs and mobile iOS devices. This was when the idea for WiFi2HiFi was born.Full features include:
Use any iOS device you want to groove to your favourite beats
- Wifi2Hifi enables you to stream music to any iPhone and iPad in range of your wireless connection.
Easy to use
- Start streaming once you start the app. Your iPhone and iPod devices are automatically detected.
Compatible with every music program, streaming service and web radio
- No matter what audio program your using, or if your streaming music from one of the many streaming services on the internet, if you can hear the music on your computer you can always stream it using Wifi2Hifi.
- Even on weak wireless networks, Wifi2Hifi provides excellent sound quality and stability.
Practical media buttons
- Control your music directly through your mobile iOS using the new media buttons.
Clever & Son