October 22, 2013
Moments ago, Apple unveiled the fifth-generation iPad. However, it isn't called the iPad 5. Rather, say hello to the iPad Air! The tablet, which is thinner than previous models, was announced by Apple’s Philip Schiller, the senior vice president of worldwide marketing. Features include:
The iPad Air begins at $499. Interesting enough, the iPad 2 remains at $399. The iPad Air ships on Nov. 1. This is a breaking news story. Please come back for updates.
- Only 1 pound. Shaved off .4 from the previous version.
- 20% thinner.
- Lightest full sized tablet in the world.
- A7 processor, the same as the iPhone 5s.
- The M7 motion coprocessor is included as well.
- Still delivers 10 hours of battery life.