November 22, 2013
Desti, the travel companion app, has added a number of new features to make your next trip much easier. The update arrives just in time for the holiday travel season. Described as "Siri's travel buddy," Desti is a free app exclusively for iPad. It provides a unique travel experience that cuts organizing time by aggregating information travelers may want about a location, restaurant, or activity all in one place. Best of all, Desti analyzes thousands of sites to tell you what places are like, and links you back to information on TripAdvisor, Foursquare, Wikipedia, Flickr, Expedia, HotelsCombined, HomeAway, and other sites. According to Desti CEO Nadav Gur:
Since launching Desti nationally in July, we have been inundated with user requests for more support in planning road trips as well as requests for new content like restaurants and vacation rentals. There’s nothing we like better than satisfied users -- this release is for them. Desti is making the vacation planning process easier by searching through the millions of travel sites on the web and aggregating content into one place. These new updates take the pain out of planning and replace it with an engaging travel discovery experience.Desti 3.0 includes the following new features:
Take a look: http://youtu.be/b0m4d2mJ6HE The free iPad app can be downloaded now in the App Store.
- Road Trip Planning – plan on a map
- Find vacation rentals from HomeAway VRBO and more…
- Find Restaurants wherever you go
- Collaboration and sharing:
- Share your trip with your co-travelers just like you share a Google Doc – everyone can edit, comment and take notes!
- Rate places you’ve been to and provide advice to your friends going there – get their help when YOU are going to places they’ve been!
- Add notes to your trip, to remember all the little details you had in mind!