May 14, 2014
Jawbone’s UP is getting a little bit smarter thanks to a new partnership with Automatic, the auto accessory company. By incorporating data from Automatic, Jawbone is now able to give users an idea of how their car usage impacts their overall fitness. According to today’s press release:
Physical activity and driving are related to each other, but its not always easy to see exactly how. When you are driving, you are not generally physically active. More time driving leaves less time for walking and exercise.Features include:
In order to sync data, the user must own both an Automatic and UP device. The $99.95 Automatic is a small device that talks to your car’s onboard computer and uses your smartphone’s GPS and data plan to upgrade your car’s capabilities. Automatic only works in the U.S. and is available to purchase here. The $129.99 Jawbone UP and $149.99 UP24 are available to purchase through the Jawbone website and at retailers across the U.S. The free Automatic and UP by Jawbone apps are available to download on the App Store.
- Automatic is automatic – Drive data from Automatic is synced automatically with the Jawbone UP app.
- Integrated travel – See your walking and driving in one place.
- Share with friends – Automatic trip summaries can be shared with other Jawbone UP users.
- Prevent road rage – Jawbone UP tracks your mood and diet. Compare this to the time spent in the car each day and routes traveled to see what makes you happiest.
- iPhone and Android – The Automatic+Jawbone integration works on both iOS and Android
UP by Jawbone