July 30, 2014
HealthTap+ has announced a new service it hopes will redefine personal health for a new era of always-on mobile communications. HealthTap Prime is the first end-to-end virtual care solution that’s available to everyone, anytime, with a simple tap on a smartphone or a tablet. Available within the free HealthTap app, HealthTap Prime is a subscription-based service that includes 24/7 live, unlimited virtual consults with doctors via HD video, audio, and chat. It also provides free access to the company’s knowledge-base of doctor-related health answers, and doctor-created tips. HealthTap offers support from over 62,000 doctors, covering a range of topics including conditions, symptoms, medications, and procedures. You can also use the app to find nearby physicians. Features of HealthTap Prime include:
- Immediately accessible: consult caring, experienced doctors from any mobile device or PC when and where you need help most.
- Utterly reliable: get medical advice, information, and even prescriptions straight from some of the world’s most trusted doctors.
- Completely personalized: receive answers, news, and tips created by doctors and tailored just for you based on your health profile and preferences.
According to Ron Gutman, HealthTap’s founder and CEO, "Imagine a world where people everywhere have instant ubiquitous access to the best doctors, who genuinely care about them and want them to feel good every day."Take a look at HealthTap Prime in action: HealthTap Prime costs $99.99 per month for unlimited virtual consults for you. An additional $9.99 per month covers other members of your family. All plans are billed monthly and can be canceled at any time. Not sure HealthTap Prime is for you? The company also offers free plans, which include:
It will be interesting to see whether HealthTap Prime integrates with Apple's upcoming HealthBook. I hope it does. You can create a free HealthTap account on the company's website or through the universal app.
- Ask free and anonymous health questions to get answers from doctors HealthTap's Medical Expert Network
- Explore our extensive health content curated by trusted doctors
- Subscribe to health and healthy-living tips
- Use checklists to live healthier, manage a condition, and feel good every day
- Securely store, quickly update, and easily manage your personal health information
- Find doctors who can help you
HealthTap — Ask 62,000 top US doctors and get immediate health advice, answers, tips, medical consults and prescriptions