The first update for iOS 8 could soon arrive for iPhone/iPod touch and iPad users. Apple’s iOS 8.0.1 is expected to feature bug fixes only, according to MacRumors.
According to sources, the new update will address:
- Phone: Addresses bugs with call forwarding and freezing when accessing visual voicemail
- Keyboard: Fixes an issue with keypad not appearing to enter iCloud Keychain verification codes
- Safari: Fixes a problem with videos occasionally not playing
- Sharing: Fixes AirDrop support for Passbook passes
- VPN: Addresses an issue with installing VPN profiles
What iOS 8.0.1 won’t include is HealthKit and HomeKit support. Those features, first announced by Apple in June, aren’t expected to arrive until a separate update is released next month.
Apple released iOS 8 on Wednesday, Sept. 17. It is the same version released to developers as iOS 8 GM eight days earlier.