The original UP by Jawbone app now works with Apple’ HealthKit, meaning that UP and UP24 owners no longer need to download both apps.
As originally published:
UP by Jawbone is now available on the App Store. By this, we mean another UP by Jawbone app, not the one that first launched in 2011.
This new app works without a separate UP or UP24 tracking device and allows users to track their activity, sleep, and food intake, simply with an iPhone. It is also the only app from Jawbone that supports Apple’s new HealthKit SDK.
What if you already own an UP or UP24, which is paired with your iPhone? Data from your UP device syncs as normal, assuming that you have the other UP by Jawbone app installed. To move this data to Apple’s Health app, you’ll need both apps installed.
Confused? Honestly, so am I. It also doesn’t help that the apps have the same name.
Full features of the new UP by Jawbone app include:
- UP/ UP24 wristband not required.
- Connect UP to Apple’s Health app to provide richer activity tracking and personalized insights.
- Get personalized insights to help you set & achieve your goals
- Log your food & drink & track nutritional info
- Track your physical activity and get more fit
- Log workouts, from yoga and hiking to tennis and dance
- Log your sleep
- Team up with friends in the app for encouragement and friendly competition
- Today I Will – UP suggests personalized goals. If you accept, UP encourages you along the way
- Streaks & Milestones – Get notifications that celebrate the progress you’re making
- Activity alerts – Receive move notifications when you want them.
- Share UP’s Insights via email, message, Facebook or Twitter
As a long-time UP24 user, I’m glad that my data can now interact with Apple’s HealthKit SDK. I just wish Jawbone hadn’t made it so confusing.