Waze Places makes traveling with your iOS device even more personal
Waze has announced a new update for its popular iPhone travel app. Waze 3.9 introduces Waze Places, which it hopes will make information on local destinations fresher and more accurate.
With Waze Places, users can easily add or edit places, including businesses and residential locations. They note “You can instantly edit and update details about businesses, residential places and more ensuring they are fresh and up to date. Every contribution counts, big or small. Missing information can always be added by other users – that’s the beauty of working together as a community!”
The update also includes:
- Add driving related info like if a place has a parking lot or drive-thru
- Add arrival photos to help others find a place at any time
- Drive with Waze until you park: your parking location will be saved automatically. Plus, you’ll help Waze learn where to find parking & how much time to account
- Search autocomplete added worldwide
- Multiple bug fixes and optimizations
This sounds like a great update, although we’re wondering how residential information is being protected. We hope to receive a response from Waze on this point very soon.
In the meantime, the free Waze app is available for download on the App Store.
See also: Quip gets connected, launches ‘Integrations’ for services including Twitter, Dropbox, and Weather Underground for iPhone gets an iOS 8 ‘Today’ widget.