In October, we introduced you to Plastc, described by its creators as “the most intelligently-designed, secure digital card ever invented.” Featuring E-Link technology, the card serves as a replacement for your credit and debit cards, loyalty and gift cards, access cards, and coupons.
As we previously explained, the Plastc Card features a digital display using E-Ink technology that shows your name, credit card, barcodes, and more. With a single swipe and tap you can change the type of the card that you’d like to use. You can also view your balances or available credit on the card.
- Plastc Card comes with an E-Ink Touchscreen, a proprietary wafer thin digital display using the technology that shows your name, credit card, barcodes and much more
- The rewritable magnetic strip enables the behavior of the card to change depending on which card you select.
- Plastc Card will ship with Chip and PIN hardware which means that it will work globally after a Plastc firmware update in late 2015.
- Rewritable NFC/RFID technology that lets Plastc Card mimic any RFID access cards.
- Low energy Bluetooth (BLE) is included within Plastc Card for connecting with the accompanying Wallet app.
- If your Card is left behind or away from your phone for a predetermined amount of time, Plastc Card will remote wipe your data to prevent fraudulent activity.
- Return Me Mode helps your card find its way back to you by displaying a message on the e-ink screen when it’s lost.
- Built in flash memory allows for you to store up to 20 cards at once.
- Plastc Card will display your photo ID and signature on the E-Ink Touchscreen so you are giving additional forms of identification to the retailer.
- 30-Day Battery Life + Wireless Charging you will experience about 30 days of battery life.
The Plastc Card doesn’t ship until the summer. Until now, you had to pay $155 to preorder a card.
As part of a special Black Friday promotion, preorders are free through Cyber Monday, Dec. 1, at 11:59 p.m. EST. Your credit card payment of $155 won’t be charged until your digital card arrives in the mail.
Ryan Marquis, chief operating officer and co-founder of Plastc notes:
On Black Friday and Cyber Monday, consumers expect a good deal, so we decided to go all out and offer the pre-order of Plastc Card with a zero up-front fee. Of course, you’ll need to pay later when it ships. We eliminated all the barriers so everyone can experience Plastc.
I would agree. This is a terrific deal, especially for those folks would might have been reluctant to pluck $155 down for a product that has yet to be released.
For more information, visit the Plastc website.