The folks over at Runtastic have introduced a new app that has nothing to do with running or exercise. Sleep Better is now available for the iPhone/iPod touch.
The fremium app has one goal, which shouldn’t come as much of a surprise: to help you get better nights of sleep. It does this by tracking your different sleep phases each night and measuring this alongside certain factors that influence sleep. These can include caffeine intake, workouts, late dinners, stress, alcohol consumption, etc.
Other features include:
- Use the Smart Alarm to wake up at the ideal time within your personalized Wake-Up Window
- Enjoy a variety of alarm sounds and snooze functionality for a perfect, personalized start to your day
- Enter daily habits & variables, such as caffeine consumption, exercise info, alcohol consumption and stress level, to determine the effects of these variables on your sleep quality
- Monitor moon phases
- Keep a dream diary to learn what you dream about most and what percentage of your dreams are good, bad or neutral
- Note your moods as part of your daily stats upon each wake up
- View sleep history – your personal tracking log – within a clean, modern app design, including daily stats and overviews for longer time periods (i.e. a selected week or month)
- Filter history taking daily variables into account to determine when you’re sleeping best
- Integration with Apple HealthKit
Please note: some of these features require making a $1.99 in-app purchase.
According to Florian Gschwandtner, Runtastic co-founder and CEO.
If we’ve learned anything in recent years, it’s the importance of a balanced, 24-hour approach to overall health and fitness.The Sleep Better app is our first, dedicated foray into helping users achieve better sleep quality. We are very excited to launch Sleep Better, and believe that integrating with Apple’s HealthKit will have a profound impact on improving users’ sleep habits and achieving a healthier lifestyle.
Sleep Better looks very promising and we hope to publish a full review soon. In the meantime, you can download the app by clicking here.