The new Hitch-a-Ride app brings a social ridesharing concept to your iPhone. Whether you are looking to carpool with coworkers each day or find a driver to take you to the airport once in a while, this app brings it all together for you.
Here are six great reasons to give Hitch-a-Ride a try:
- Connect with friends on Facebook to see where they are headed.
- Carpool with coworkers who live near you by setting up a work group.
- Check out the main page feed with up-to-date information and requests for both hitchers and drivers.
- Save money and time by sharing the cost of your commute with others, eliminating the wait for public transportation, and using the carpool lane on the freeway.
- Negotiate applicable fees your way when seeking a driver or passenger with direct communication.
- Use it daily or just when needed.
The app is really simple to set up and use. Just log in with your Facebook account and add friends immediately. You can also invite friends to join later, for example, if you hear of coworkers who might like to carpool with you. Be sure to enable your phone’s locations settings, choose the Hitch icon to set a pick-up location, and off you go.
If you are a driver, you will easily see requests on your newsfeed or you can choose the Drive icon and set your destination. You can quickly find hitchers available in your current area with the touch of a button.
Hitch-a-Ride is great concept and is easy to use and understand. This app is currently available for free on the App Store.