Originally released in the summer of 2014, the fun word game Letter Rain has received a huge update. The game is easy to play. You just create words from the letters falling from the sky inside raindrops.
Here are some of the new features in the recent update:
- New multiplayer mode where players use the same letters and combinations
- Game Center achievements with a total of 50 to play towards
- Summary screen for all valid and invalid words played
- Letters removed are put back into play
- Cloud support so that all stats are saved
- New animations, sounds, and font types
- Updated graphics and interface
Letter Rain is enjoyable for both challenging yourself and others. Just tap the letters falling from the sky inside colorful raindrops to create words. You receive points for creating valid words and lose three points for each invalid word creation. Uncommon letters such as “J” and “Z” are worth more points as are raindrops that contain two letters. Swiping left will remove letters you have chosen if you make a mistake. You have 60 seconds to create as many words as you can.
Letter Rain is an ad-supported game available for free on the App Store. There is an in-app purchase to remove the ads and the game is designed for iPhone and iPad and also works on iPod touch.