The handy Starbucks app for iPhone and Apple Watch received an update yesterday, June 9. Now users can select their store in the menu for the Mobile Order and Pay feature. In addition, a new location services option of “While Using the App” is available. You should note, however, that if using this app on your Apple Watch the setting should remain at “Always.”
Also included in the Starbucks app update is an inbox for Canada and the United Kingdom allowing users to receive My Starbucks Rewards messages right within the app.
If you are new to the app, here are some of the features you can expect:
- Store locator for the nearest Starbucks with directions and hours
- Notifications with special offers
- Starbucks eGift Card purchases
- Passbook support
- Tracking and redemption for My Starbucks Rewards
- Starbucks Card tipping, balance, transaction history, and ability to pay for purchases
On the Apple Watch you can check your rewards, get the nearest location with distance and closing time, and view your saved cards.
The Starbucks app is available for free with no in-app purchases on the App Store.