The App Store coughed up some promising new and updated titles on this first Thursday of August, including:
Cartoonatic 2, iPhone only, free with in-app purchases
Macphun has introduced an updated version of the popular Cartoonatic app. The freemium Cartoonatic 2 app turns the world around you into cartoons that you can instantly share with your friends.
With Cartoonatic 2, you can record cartoon-like videos in real time with various visual effects. Animated overlays enhance the story, which you can share on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, or through iMessage and email.
Elevate – Brain Training, iOS Universal, free with in-app purchases
Apple’s 2014 App of the Year is out with a new update. Elevate 2.2 adds a new game called Division, which helps you quickly split bills, divide items, and more.
Other new features include:
- Speech Analysis, a new Study material to help you captivate your audience when speaking.
- Error Avoidance content report, providing definitions of words encountered in the game.
- 30%+ increase in content for Diction and Pronunciation.
- Major content additions for Agility, Brevity, Memory, Spelling, and Syntax.
- British-English support for Spelling.
- Introduced more difficult gameplay at the highest difficulty levels of Percentages.
- Increased readability in Comprehension and Measuring.
- Improved game download time for Retention.
KOI – Journey of Purity, iPhone only, $1.99 with in-app purchases
A 2015 San Francisco GDC IMGA Best Upcoming Game nominee, KOI-Journey of Purity is an underwater adventure game that takes you on a journey of personal growth with “simplicity and sincerity.”
Bumper Jumper, iOS Universal, free with in-app purchases
In Bumper Jumper, you tap to create bumpers that bounce aliens. Keep they flying to score more points.
- Randomly placed planets make every gameplay unique
- Progressively harder the higher you go
- Gravity flip, mega bouncer, and slo-mo power upsAliens! Unlock them all
- Aliens! Unlock them all
- Get saved by your buddies flying a spaceshipOriginal soundtrack by Interrabang
- Original soundtrack by Interrabang