If you have been using Amazon Cloud Drive for iOS, but have been disappointed in its limitations, then the recent update should cheer you up. The updated version, released on Oct. 10, brings great new features that allow you to manage folders, upload from your camera roll, and add files from other services.
- Ability to create and delete folders
- Option to delete files and move them between folders
- Sorting feature for files and folders by name or date
- Sharing of multiple files at one time
- Upload ability of photos and videos from your camera roll
- Upload ability of files from locations like Dropbox or Google Drive
- Improved playback speed for video viewing
When we first looked at the Amazon Cloud Drive app in July, I noted that it would be wonderful to have some of these capabilities. Lacking the options to upload files and manage folders were a huge downsides to how often I used the app. So, this is a terrific update bringing much-needed features that make the app more useful.
Amazon Cloud Drive is universal and available for free on the App Store. The amount of storage space you receive is dependent upon your plan. Amazon Prime members who pay the yearly $99 fee have unlimited storage for photos and 5 GB for videos and files. Non-members can purchase this plan for $11.99 per year or receive unlimited storage for $59.99 yearly.
In other news today, Facebook starts to play nice with 3D Touch on the iPhone 6s and Keep your number private with DialMask.