Procreate, the powerful sketching, drawing, and painting tool for iPad, has just received a terrific update making it not only ready for the upcoming iPad Pro, but also has a ton of new features for users of other iPad models. With multitasking features, Apple Pencil support, and updated gestures, Savage Interactive has included 100 new features in Procreate version 3.
Highlighted new features
With 100 new options in this version of Procreate, you are sure to enjoy exploring all of the new features. Here are just some of the highlighted ones that make this artist’s tool even more robust
- Resolutions of 16k by 4k for iPad Pro and 8k by 4k on iPad Air 2
- Quickline feature for perfectly straight lines
- Instant Replay feature so there is no need to export
- Apple Pencil support with predictive touch, pressure sensitivity, and customized modes
- Eight new brushes and a new San Francisco font
- Paint on brush previews to test out new settings before using them
- Both Motion Blur and Perspective Blur, exclusive to Procreate
- Split View previews
- Updated gestures for undo, redo, and full screen mode
This updated version of Procreate is a major advancement for the app which was already a vibrant tool. With 128 brushes, 35 customizable settings for each one, 250 levels of undo and redo, and so much more, Procreate is the perfect creativity tool for iPad. Make sure you download the updated version because you can begin using the new features as of today, Nov. 2.
Procreate is designed for iPad and requires iOS 9.1 or later. It is available for $5.99 on the App Store. There is also an iPhone version of the app called Procreate Pocket which can be downloaded for $2.99.