Trust the Handbook of Veterinary Pain Management, 3rd Edition to help you meet the increasing need for effective pain management in the animals you treat.
Download the FREE app and view selected topics
- Approximately 10% of the content is viewable in the free app and tapping on the locked topic will launch the in-app purchase screen.
ABOUT: Handbook of Veterinary Pain Management
Help you meet the increasing need for effective pain management in the animals you treat. Contains the most up-to-date and clinically relevant information on analgesic drugs and managing pain in dogs, cats, birds, reptiles, ferrets, and rabbits.
Based on: 3rdd edition
Author: James S. Gaynor, DVM, MS, DACVA, DAAPM and William W. Muir III., DVM, PhD
Publisher: Mosby | Elsevier, Inc.
Locate a disease, symptom or medication in the fastest possible manner:
- Use "Spotlight Search" from Home screen
- Tap and Hold launch icon to open Last Topic, History, Favorites ..
- Navigate using multiple indices
- History to open frequently visited pages
NEVER FORGET ANYTHING:
Mark topics with relevant information:
- Rich-text notes
- Voice memos
- Annotations with scribble, doodle or text
You choose the method to note this regardless of the context you are in to ensure that the important facts are available whenever you access the topic, whether it is tomorrow or six months from now.
Trust the Handbook of Veterinary Pain Management, 3rd Edition to help you meet the increasing need for effective pain management in the animals you treat. This user-friendly guide contains the most up-to-date and clinically relevant information on analgesic drugs and managing pain in dogs, cats, birds, reptiles, ferrets, and rabbits. It specifically covers the areas of pain assessment, pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical treatment options, guidelines for managing acute and chronic pain, and unique aspects of pain management. This edition also incorporates expanded information on cats, exotics, the latest drugs, and more to keep you on top of today’s best practices in veterinary pain management.
NEW! Eight new chapters include the latest information on:
- the human-animal bond
- local and regional techniques
- preventive and multimodal analgesia
- energy modalities
- physical examination with emphasis on isolating and locating pain
- therapeutic goals
- pain in laboratory animals
NEW! Completely updated drug information, with new agents, doseforms, and routes provides the most current pain management therapies for use in the clinical setting.
NEW! Expanded sections on the cat and exotics address the growing popularity of these pets by providing additional species-specific information.
- The latest information on complementary and alternative strategies for pain management offers the guidance to help you incorporate non-pharmacologic treatments into their pain management programs.
- Numerous boxes and tables summarize pharmacologic protocols and clinical applications, with dosages, indications, contraindications, and side effects to provide you with the comprehensive drug information needed to find the most effective and appropriate treatment.
- User-friendly format helps you quickly and easily find essential information.
- Case studies illustrating realistic clinical scenarios help you learn how to assess and manage pain in the clinical setting.