8Calc is a new-generation calculator, offering total user-defined customization and personalization, with a simple yet effective design, catering for real-life uses of mathematics-based activities. 8Calc is coded entirely in Apple's new Swift language and utilizes iOS 9 capabilities. It is modern, sophisticated, elegant and practical and it is yours to personalize to your heart's content.
8Calc 'philosophy' is that the user knows best how they like to see their calculator & numbers! No more 3rd party themes. 8Calc allows you to design your own calculator button colors, shapes, fonts, borders and 3D shadows either individually, in a group or all. 3rd party themes are yesterday's design, yours is today's!
8Calc: Design Your Own Calc!
8Calc allows you to customize every single button by changing any Button's:
- Background & Text Colors
- Font Style & Size
- Border Color and Width
- Shadows Color and Offset (Depth)
You can start from the delivered 8Calc simple green text on white background and end with, if you so desire, a calculator where every single button has its own colors, shape, font, border and shadow; your own mathematical masterpiece. You could, of course, opt for a simple design: circles with white text on blue backgrounds. How much fun you want to have building your 8Calc is up to you.
Slide Menu Views:
- 8Calc view is the main app calculator, based on a powerful mathematics parser and adheres to operators precedence. It performs just like Apple's native calculator. So, the expression 1+2*3 will evaluate to 7 (2*3 is 6, then added to 1).
- Buttons view consists of 2 tabbed views: Buttons and Groups. These views allow you to build relationships between buttons and groups, assigning any of 24 buttons to any of 9 groups. That's plenty of grouping options. Once Buttons are assigned to Groups, you can customize all the Group Buttons in one go: change the group colors, shapes and fonts with 1 touch. As you experience 8Calc more, you are going to love this feature! it is powerful.
- Colors view allows you to customize each 8Calc button background and text colors. There are no known limits, as you use 3 color sliders: red, green and blue, to make any color you want. The sliders changes are reflected in real-time on a sample button and their values are shown. Once satisfied with your choices, select whether to apply the colors to a Button, or Group of buttons or for all buttons. Then touch Apply, and navigate to 8Calc to see your 'masterpiece' painted in its glorious colors.
- Shapes view allows you to customize each 8Calc button shape, where you can go from a square to a circle, or any shape in between.
- Fonts view caters for customizing each 8Calc button font text and size. Then you can apply your selected font and size to the button, a group of buttons or all buttons.
- Borders view allows customisation of border colors and widths, adding a new dimension to your layouts.
- Shadows view allows customization of shadow colors and depths, creating a 3D 'floating' effect.
- RPNCalc view is based on the Reverse Polish Notation (RPN) structure and logic; it does not have an equal sign. So, the standard expression 1+2*3 will be entered by the user as 1 [return] 2 [return] 3 [return] * [return] then + [return] will show the result. RPN applies * (multiplication) to 2 & 3, then + (addition) to their result (6) and the first number 1 (adhering to operators precedence rules). The final result is 7 (just like 8Calc).
- SimpleCalc view is based on the traditional calculators logic; it evaluates expression from left to right as they are entered (hence all operators have equal, or no, precedence). This may appeal to users who prefer the manual (physical) calculator experience. So, the standard expression 1+2*3 will be evaluated as 1+2 (interim result 3) which is then multiplied by 3, with a final result of 9.
8Calc is the newest member of the 8Apps series. 8Calc is a calculator with an attitude; yours.