This Thursday morning, Apple’s new App Store options are making the news. Here’s a look at what else is happening in tech.
Big News/30 Seconds
On Wednesday, Apple announced key changes were coming to the App Store this year, including how revenue is split with developers. The changes come just days before the start of next week’s Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC).
It remains to be seen whether these changes will help improve App Store sales. The early reviews are decidedly mixed, at best:
- Apple’s Big App Store Revamp May Be Too Little Too Late, Fortune
- App Store subscriptions don’t solve problems for most developers, Macworld
- Apple revamps App Store, may not win over developers, Business Insider
We’ll certainly hear more about the App Store changes during next Monday’s WWDC keynote address.
Today, June 8 is Donald Duck Day. On this day in 1934, the Disney character had his debut in “The Wise Little Hen.” (See below)
The Future of FinTech continues in New York.
Looking backward: On June 11, 1982, the movie “E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial” was released.
Have a few more minutes? Check out these other stories making news:
- Tinder Bans Most Teens, Gizmodo
- People are keeping their old iPhones longer, CNN
- Apple just put Amazon’s Jeff Bezos in a tricky position, Business Insider
Want even more? Check out Tech Media Extra.
The Tech Media Minute is published Monday through Friday on AppAdvice.