YouTube’s Top Trending Videos for 2016 are out. The No. 1 video of the year, which stars James Corden and Adele, indirectly relates to Apple, according to Variety.
The top trending video of 2016 is the now-iconic “Carpool Karaoke” episode featuring Corden and singer Adele. To date, it has racked up an impressive 135 million views.
In second place is the silly “Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen” by Japanese comedian Piko-Taro.
“Carpool Karaoke,” which got its start on “The Late Late Show with James Corden,” is expected to shift exclusively to Apple Music in the new year. Apple announced in July that 16 episodes of the series, which is being produced by CBS Television Studio and Corden, were ordered.
Collectively, the top 10 trending videos had 550 million views and have been watch for over 25 million hours:
- Adele Carpool Karaoke – “The Late Late Show with James Corden”
- Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen – Piko-Taro
- What’s Inside a Rattlesnake Rattle? – What’s Inside
- The Switch ft. Cristiano Ronaldo, Harry Kane, Anthony Martial & More – Nike Football
- Grace VanderWaal: 12-Year-Old Ukulele Player Gets Golden Buzzer – NBC’s “America’s Got Talent”
- Water Bottle Flip Edition – Dude Perfect
- Channing Tatum & Beyonce’s “Run The World (Girls)” vs. Jenna Dewan-Tatum’s “Pony” – Spike’s “Lip Sync Battle”
- Donald Trump: “Last Week Tonight With John Oliver” – HBO
- The $21,000 First-Class Airplane Seat – Casey Neistat
- Brothers Convince Little Sister of Zombie Apocalypse – Cabot Phillips
YouTube also announced its top trending music videos of 2016. These include the following:
- Fifth Harmony, “Work from Home ft. Ty Dolla $ign”
- Calvin Harris, “This Is What You Came For ft. Rihanna”
- Nicky Jam, “Hasta el Amanecer”
- The Chainsmokers, “Closer (Lyric) ft. Halsey”
- Rihanna, “Work ft. Drake”
- Mike Posner, “I Took A Pill In Ibiza (Seeb Remix)”
- Sia, “Cheap Thrills (Lyric Video) ft. Sean Paul”
- Zayn, “Pillowtalk”
- Coldplay, “Hymn For The Weekend”
- Twenty One Pilots, “Heathens” (from Suicide Squad: The Album)