IK Multimedia has managed to get v2.0 of AmpliTube for iPad into the App Store just before developers are finished for the holiday stretch, where Apple will no longer be allowing additions or changes until the middle of next week.
It’s time to have your on-stage iPad experience pumped up with even more head-banging potency from IK Multimedia’s already acclaimed lead and bass guitar mobile sound-FX software. The new features, available in both iPad-optimized versions include a new recorder for producing your final song in even less steps, easy exportation and sharing of your creations, the ability to import tracks without a computer, and new stomp effects
AmpliTube for iPad v2.0 now features:
• 5 new stomp effects available as in-app purchase
• Improved sound with DSP parts derived from AmpliTube 3 and T-RackS 3 for Mac/PC Apps (www.amplitube.com, www.t-racks.com)
• Built-in recorder with re-amping
• Multi-track recorder with 4 tracks and master FX section with 3 effects available as in-app purchase
• 2 send effects per channel (selectable among Reverb, Delay, Chorus) and 2 master effects (3-band Parametric EQ and Compressor) in the master effects section
• Export your recordings and mixes as high quality audio files or send them by email as MP3s
• Import songs as backing tracks directly from your iPod library on your device or your computer using file sharing or Wi-Fi
• SpeedTrainer for slow down/speed up imported songs without affecting the pitch
• Up to 50 songs can now be imported
• New preset naming feature
Your new mobile rig gives you up to four simultaneous stomp box effects — the iPad is capable of doing one more than the iPhone and iPod touch, an amplifier, plus speaker cabinet and a microphone. AmpliTube for iPad includes stomps for delay, fuzz, overdrive, wah, envelope filter, chorus, flanger, phazer, octave, noise filter + distortion, powered by a clean, crunch, lead, metal, or bass amp. Additionally, choose amongst five cabinet and either a dynamic or condenser microphone.
AmpliTube for iPad has a built-in chromatic digital tuner and a metronome to offer an increased level of accuracy, especially in noisy environments, due to the fact that your instrument is plugged directly into your iDevice. Import and play along with your own songs or backing tracks with real time effects plus the ability to create, save and recall up to thirty-six presets on the fly.
You can even try AmpliTube for iPad‘s features without a guitar by using the built-in demo section. Choose one of the eight guitar audio riffs, click play, and go try some different amps and sound-FX.
Want to learn even more about AmpliTube for iPad? See why we consider it a “must buy” in our hands-on review of the iPhone and iPod touch version.
Both versions are compatible with iPad running iOS 3.2 or later. AmpliTube for iPad is available in the App Store for $19.99, or try the no cost AmpliTube FREE. Current owners simply need to check for the update through the App Store app on their iPads, as it’s a free upgrade for you.