You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| August 29, 2012
Finally ... Final Draft Writer For iPad Is Here!
A long two years in the making, Final Draft Writer for iPad is, finally, now showing in the App Store. Sure, Final Draft Writer is not the first official iPad companion app for Final Draft, the desktop software that has long been a boon to screenwriters everywhere. That distinction goes to Final Draft Reader, which was released last February. But while the older Final Draft Reader only enables users to read scripts on the iPad, the new Final Draft Writer lets users write scripts on the iPad as well as read them. By virtue of this read/write capability of the app, Final Draft Writer may be considered as the truer iPad companion app for Final Draft. If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. With Final Draft Writer on your iPad, you get to work on your potentially award-winning scripts anytime, anywhere. And with Final Draft Writer on your iPad, you get to have mobile access to the following features:
Final Draft Writer for iPad is available now in the App Store for the special introductory price of $29.99. If you’re an iPad-toting screenwriter, regardless of whether you’re an amateur or a professional, or whether you write for film or theater, better get the app on or before Sept. 30. Thereafter, the app’s cost goes up to the regular price of $49.99, which happens to be a quarter of the cost of Final Draft for OS X.
- Professionally formatted TV, Film and Stageplay templates to help get you started
- More's and Continued's automatically paginate to industry standards
- SmartType remembers your Character Names, Scene Headings, and more
- Quickly change elements with Tab and Enter quick-navigation
- Go paperless and carry all your scripts with you everywhere you go
- Character Highlighting allows you to keep track of your characters for table reads or character development
- Shows Active or Collated Revisions with Colored Pages
- Includes production features like Scene Numbering and Locked Pages
- Quickly switch from one revision set to another
- Add, categorize, and edit ScriptNotes™
- Easily add text and paragraph styles to your script
- Track key information with Cast Reports, Scene Reports, Location Reports, and more