For many of us, October means Halloween. And for many of us who are fans of “The Simpsons,” Halloween means only one thing: “Treehouse of Horror” Halloween episodes. And for many of us who are also fans of The Simpsons: Tapped Out on iOS, a “Treehouse of Horror” update to our favorite cartoon-based game would be a fantastic Halloween treat, right? Right, and that’s exactly what we’re getting.
The Simpsons: Tapped Out is an Electronics Arts-made simulation game that lets you build your own version of Springfield. Why is that necessary, you ask? It’s only because dear old Homer Simpson wiped it out with an accidental meltdown, that’s why!
The Simpsons: Tapped Out was pulled out of the App Store shortly after its release back in March. This was, according to Electronic Arts, on account of insufficient resources. But, much to the delight of players who were left hanging by the game’s sudden disappearance, The Simpsons: Tapped Out made its comeback last August.
And now, a timely “Treehouse of Horror” update has befallen the game. The new update casts the following wicked spells:
- New Characters – Do a “diddily deal” with Devil Flanders, ride a broom with Marge the Witch, or enslave earthlings with Kang.
- New Buildings – Incubate Zombies in the Springfield Cemetery, summon demons with the Heck House, or sell some cursed frogurt in the House of Evil.
- UFO – Build a Giant Space Laser and show those aliens once and for all who’s boss.
- Mysterious Artifacts – Find mysterious artifacts and uncover the secrets of the Ancient Mayan Calendar.
- Zombies – Squish Zombies as they escape from Springfield Cemetery before they can turn your favorite Simpsons characters into the walking dead!
Already optimized for iPhone 5, this new, horrific version of The Simpsons: Tapped Out is available now as a free universal game in the App Store.
Oh, and don’t forget to watch “Treehouse of Horror XXIII” to find a clue that you can use to unlock a new outfit for Homer and 10 free donuts. Mmm … donuts.