Reader X 2.0 signifies a reinvention of the app. Be that as it may, Reader X remains programmed to be a “wallpaper of all your Google Reader news.”
Reader X 2.0 boasts an improved user interface that lets you see more news in a more pleasing presentation. The new interface allows you to take advantage of the following new features:
- Select headline view or the freshly introduced preview view
- View your articles in the classic folder/feed structure or by the new time structure (articles grouped by day)
- Dive into any feed or folder or any day to explore those articles
- Search your articles. Export search results by email or “copy to clipboard”
- Select theme (sepia or white backgrounds)
- New sharing services: iMessage, Evernote, Delicious, Diigo, Sina Weibo, Chrome and iCab (Tumblr has been removed but will be added back in a future release)
The new version of the app is said to be built upon features available only on iOS 6. As such, Reader X 2.0 is compatible with iPad running on iOS 6.0 or later.
Note also that the app uses a different Google Reader authorization mechanism. This requires you to re-log in and re-sync upon updating to Reader X 2.0.