You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| February 21, 2013
Innovative Google Reader App Reader X Reinvented With Version 2.0
This month, Reader X is celebrating its first anniversary in the App Store. And as though to mark the occasion, the innovative RSS reader app for iPad has just been updated to version 2.0. Reader X 2.0 signifies a reinvention of the app. Be that as it may, Reader X remains programmed to be a "wallpaper of all your Google Reader news." Reader X 2.0 boasts an improved user interface that lets you see more news in a more pleasing presentation. The new interface allows you to take advantage of the following new features:
[caption id="attachment_385022" align="aligncenter" width="480"] Reader X[/caption] Reader X 2.0 is available now as a free update or as a new $2.99 download. The new version of the app is said to be built upon features available only on iOS 6. As such, Reader X 2.0 is compatible with iPad running on iOS 6.0 or later. Note also that the app uses a different Google Reader authorization mechanism. This requires you to re-log in and re-sync upon updating to Reader X 2.0. Check out AppAdvice's App Showdown of RSS reader apps to see how a previous version of Reader X fared against Reeder, Mr. Reader, and Newsify. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Select headline view or the freshly introduced preview view
- View your articles in the classic folder/feed structure or by the new time structure (articles grouped by day)
- Dive into any feed or folder or any day to explore those articles
- Search your articles. Export search results by email or "copy to clipboard"
- Select theme (sepia or white backgrounds)
- New sharing services: iMessage, Evernote, Delicious, Diigo, Sina Weibo, Chrome and iCab (Tumblr has been removed but will be added back in a future release)